Friday, April 5, 2013

Dreaming

I dream. More importantly, I can remember my dreams. Last night I had one in a zombie induced apocalyptic earth. A group and I were holding fort at a house, but another group began to move in, in addition to zombies breaking in. It was dark and I began firing at them, but my gun's safety was on. When I finally managed to unlock it, I put down a few zombies, but quickly ran out of ammo and had to grab a nearby shotgun. This shotgun though fired a perfectly round pellet that bounced off the target and exploded in midair. Of course, being in a dream, I worked in dream logic, and tried to calculate how to aim the gun so that it would explode near my target.

No conclusive evidence exists for why we dream -though fascinating research does exist for dreaming in general. So I speak from my own, biased, experience. Dreams have an uncanny ability to not only let old fears and feelings resurface, but create new ones that are based on nothing but dream logic. Our memories, thoughts and anxieties are the building blocks of dreams, but something new may come from a creative blend of them all. We shouldn't put too much weight on them. Instead, turn them into a funny comic, inspiration for a haunting story or mesmerizing painting.

In other news, we've finally got some sun in a long while. A happy song to go with the burst of sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment